- "I am sick and tired of your stories!"
- —Philip, losing his temper with Jodie
Philip Holmes was born on January 14, 1961.
At some point of his life, Philip married a woman named Susan, and later, the couple had a son, born in 1990.
However, the newborn contracted an unknown illness, so, Philip and his wife decided to take their son to the hospital, but despite the doctor's efforts, the newborn died, leaving Philip destroyed, after their son's death, the couple adopted a newborn girl named Jodie.
Philip Holmes is Jodie Holmes's adoptive father. He appears to be rather cold and distant towards his adoptive daughter, and unlike his wife Susan, he is quick to punish the little girl if she reveals any evidence of Aiden's existence. He convinces Susan to leave Jodie at the DPA, in the care of Nathan Dawkins and Cole Freeman.
In the chapter Alone, an option for Aiden to strangle Philip will appear as he and Susan are leaving the department. If the player attempts this, Aiden will stop before he passes out, though Philip does fall to the ground. Fearing for his life, Phillip calls Jodie "evil" and a "monster" but he doesn’t retaliate, instead he flees with Susan. Doing so will earn the player the trophy Not My Father; conversely, if the player chooses to not harm Philip as he leaves, the trophy Sorry will be achieved.
- In Philip and Susan's bedroom there is a box with a photograph which Jodie can use to access a flashback which reveals that Philip and his wife have lost one a newborn son, the loss of a son, can prove Philip's cold and strict personality.
- It is likely that after his son's birth, his wife Susan remained sterile, since after that tragedy, he and his wife opted for adoption.
- If the player goes into Philip and Susan's bedroom and goes onto the left side of the bed they can find a rather thick, bible. Possibly hinting that Jodie's adoptive parents, specifically Philip, are religious. This may be the reason Philip is more frightened than Susan because of his religious beliefs.